A highly practical, hands-on course designed to give students advanced skills to build financial and valuation models in Excel. The course will take concepts and issues introduced in the core finance and financial accounting courses and introduce students to the practical application of financial modeling using Excel. Students will be required to build robust and reliable model for a particular decisions.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Review and learn important Excel concepts and functions
2. Overview of financial models and document model assumptions
3. How to use Excel for sensitivity analysis and scenarios
4. Key features of good model design
5. Shortcuts to speed up data analysis
6. Use simple and advanced formulas for pricing, valuation
7. Learn to present data with static and dynamic charts and tables.